Issue one will be available to buy in shops on July 18th and lucky subscribers will be getting their issues anytime from Saturday – we can’t wait to find out what you think about the gorgeous projects, advice and inspiration inside!
To celebrate the launch we have teamed up with a plethora of lovely hand lettering and journaling bloggers and brands to take you on a week-long blog and social hop. This week we want to inspire you to take a little time out of your busy schedules and try your hand at modern calligraphy. So each day this week you will find a little project or advice to help launch your hand-lettering journey.
PLUS – We have some fabulous prizes in our HUGE GIVEAWAY including:
- 3 Annual Subscriptions to Simply Lettering Magazine worth over £50 each
- Luxury Calligraphy Kit from Kirsten Burke worth £35 (as shown above!)
- 2 sets of TomBow pens from CraftStash worth over £40
- 3 sets of Nuvo Aquaflow pens worth £11.99 each
- 1 Subscription to Simply Cards & Papercraft worth over £60
- A set of Karin Markers from Lou Collins worth over £20
- 2 x small colour happy boxes rrp £25 each and 1 x colour happy big box rrp £79 from EDDING
- A selection of Papercraft Magazines from Die-cutting Essentials, Papercraft Essentials and Creative Stamping – worth over £20
- 2 packs of Double-ended Calligraphy Pens from STAEDTLER worth over £23
- Lamy Safari and a 30ml bottle of Diamine ink from Leanne Cork worth over £20
- A set of four Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens – For the Love of Letters from Sue Smith!
- A set of 5 pens from Chameleon pens worth over £20!
How to enter!
To enter to be in with a chance of winning one of these fabulous gifts, simply comment on the www.simplylettering.co.uk blog hop post and add a comment each day to the wonderful bloggers and brands on our blog hop (details at the end of the post) who are sharing inspiring projects and advice as we countdown to the launch of Simply Lettering Magazine on Thursday 18th July
What is modern calligraphy?
When we think of calligraphy, we may first think of an antiquated skill that’s only real modern-day use has been superseded by the introduction of 1000’s of fonts which can be easily printed. Modern calligraphy is all about carving out time to switch off and truly relax with the benefit of enjoying watching your skills grow enabling you to create beautiful projects to gift and to keep.
Before you say “But my handwriting is terrible”, calligraphy is open to all, you don’t need artistic skills to follow the more simple and relaxed rules of modern hand-lettering. With our new magazine, you’ll learn everything you need to develop this beautiful art and enjoy using modern calligraphy to achieve a sense of wellbeing and mindfulness.
Here’s our commissioning Editor Lou Collins with some brush lettering tips
Who’s next on the blog hop?
Thursday 11th July (You are here!)
Friday 12th July (your next stop on the blog hop!)
Saturday 13th July
Sunday 14th July
Monday 15th July
Tuesday 16th July
Wednesday 17th July
LAUNCH DAY! Thursday 18th July
Be sure to visit them all each day over the next week and add a comment on their blog or video, then come back and add a comment on ours too! You’ll find their posts on the following days, so you can enjoy a little bit of lettering inspo every day this week!
We will pick a winner at random from all of the comments received!